By Rebecca Wat
Rebecca Wat, origami professional and quiltmaker, surprised quilters in all places with the outstanding principles unveiled in terrific textile Folding. Now shes again with six extra interesting folding options and their many cutting edge twists. Twenty initiatives comprise appealing quilts, pillows, or even a bit ladies gown, all with unique folded-fabric elaborations.
Read Online or Download A Fresh Twist on Fabric Folding: 6 Techniques 20 Quilt & D,cor Projects PDF
Similar needlecrafts & textile crafts books
Double your quilting enjoyable! Sharon Pederson is again with extra principles for speedy and effortless reversible quilts. New styles and strategies aid you create thoroughly diversified designs on either side of your quilts. From the writer of the top-selling Reversible Quilts! choose between eleven initiatives which are quilted whilst they're pieced.
Quilting is a craft, wealthy with culture and homespun, useful purposes. yet it’s additionally an art--which, with needle, thread, cloth, and an concept, can provide us a brand new method of taking a look at, and wrapping ourselves in, the area. This booklet profiles twenty American practitioners of that paintings, quilters whose attention-grabbing, leading edge paintings takes the craft one step additional and makes it into whatever new.
You really liked duvet Blocks throughout America—now writer Debra Gabel exhibits you the remainder of the area in her signature variety. Debra’s sequel good points 50 all new 6” sq. appliqué styles for stimulating locales like Tokyo, Sydney, and Venice, plus common travel-themed designs. excellent for any form of appliqué.
MAKE IT COOL WITH PARACORD awfully powerful, fabulous in its shades and amazingly flexible, paracord is the best fabric for crafting fashionable and sensible goods. utilizing easy-to-follow, step by step photographs, this full-color advisor exhibits easy methods to grasp dozens of tasks, together with: Braids for enjoyable bracelets and watchbands Weaves for extraordinary leashes and baggage straps Wraps for tricky knife and flashlight handles Knots for ornamental lanyards and clasps Bars for convenient ropes and keychains "
- A ladys book on art embroidery in silk, with engraved patterns
- Pretty Little Patchwork
- A Modern Twist Create Quilts With a Colorful Spin
- Modern Primitive Embroidery (Leisure Arts #4424)
- Blendable Curves: Stack, Slice & Sew Unique Quilts in a Weekend
- 502 New Quilting Motifs. Designs for Hand or Machine Quilting
Extra info for A Fresh Twist on Fabric Folding: 6 Techniques 20 Quilt & D,cor Projects
Sew two of the border units from step 7 to the sides of the quilt. 9. Add a blue square to each end of the two remaining border units and sew to the top and bottom of the quilt. 7. Sew three units from step 4 alternately with two units from step 6 as shown in the quilt layout below. Make four border strips. 10. Referring to “Finishing the Quilt,” page 108, layer and quilt as desired. Add binding to the quilt. Kansas Windmill 59 60 1 5 Tw o - B l o c k Q u i l t s Pine Burr Star Finished size: 751⁄ 2" x 751⁄ 2" Blocks: Pine Burr and Pieced Star The elements of these two blocks create a diagonal, on-point secondary design.
3. Repeat to sew large purple triangles to the sides of the square from step 3. Block will measure 81⁄ 2" square. 5. Repeat steps 1–4 to make a total of 20 setting triangles. Corner Triangles 1. Sew two small 23⁄8" red triangles to a 2" x 2" beige square as shown. 4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make a total of 24 Shadow Box blocks. Setting Triangles 1. Sew a small 21⁄4" red triangle to each end of a 17⁄8" x 33⁄8" beige rectangle as shown. 2. Sew a large 27⁄8" red triangle to the unit from step 1 as shown.
7. Refer to “Half-Square Triangles,” page 105, and position a 2 7⁄ 8" white square on a 2 7⁄ 8" light pink square. Stitch, cut, and press. Make two to create four halfsquare triangle units. 8. Sew the units from step 7 to each end of the remaining units from step 2. Make two. Sew to the top and bottom to complete the block. Pieced Border 1. Refer to “Quick Corner Triangles,” page 106, and position a 21⁄ 2" blue square on a 21⁄ 2" x 41⁄ 2" medium green rectangle. Stitch to make a triangle corner.