By Maria C.W. Peeters, Jan de Jonge, Toon W. Taris
This is the 1st entire review of labor psychology, with assurance of vintage versions, present theories, and modern matters affecting the 21st-century worker.
- Examines the positive factors of work–motivation, functionality, creativity, and engagement—instead of focusing in simple terms on hostile effects
- Edited by means of leaders within the box with chapters written through an international staff of specialists from the united states, united kingdom, Europe, and Australia
- Discusses themes resembling protection at paintings, expertise, operating instances, work-family interplay, operating in groups , restoration, task calls for and activity assets, and illness absence
- Suitable for complex classes desirous about paintings psychology as a sub self-discipline of labor and organizational psychology
- Didactic good points contain questions for dialogue, packing containers with functional functions, additional analyzing sections, and a glossary
Read or Download An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology PDF
Similar occupational & organizational books
“This publication is basically in regards to the ways that psychoanalytically trained social paintings got down to support bothered kids within the center many years of the former century. As such it represents a useful ancient list. yet i think it has a lot wider modern relevance and resonance. Pointing backwards to the rediscovery of misplaced values, it additionally has major hyperlinks with the very innovative of twenty-first century social care.
A unified and systematic description of study and selection difficulties inside of a large classification of doubtful platforms, defined via conventional mathematical equipment and via relational wisdom representations. With specific emphasis on doubtful keep an eye on structures, Professor Bubnicki can provide a different method of formal types and layout (including stabilization) of doubtful platforms, according to doubtful variables and similar descriptions.
Die Einführung in die Organisationstheorie gibt einen Überblick über die zentralen Themen der Organisationsforschung: Motivation und Karriere, Unternehmenskultur, Macht, Strukturen, Prozesse, Institutionelle Einbettung, Gestaltung von Veränderungen, evolutionärer Wandel und der Einsatz von Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologie.
Bestselling writer Dan Ariely finds interesting new insights into motivation—showing that the topic is way extra complicated than we ever imagined. each day we work flat out to inspire ourselves, the folk we are living with, the folks who paintings for and do company with us. during this approach, a lot of what we do will be outlined as being “motivators.
- Leader Development for Transforming Organizations: Growing Leaders for Tomorrow (Applied Psychology Series)
- Handbook of Cultural Intelligence: Theory Measurement and Application
- Managing Politics at Work: The Essential Toolkit for Identifying and Handling Political Behavior in the Workplace
- Moral Selves, Evil Selves: The Social Psychology of Conscience
Additional resources for An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology
In C. ), ICT and Quality of Working Life. Amsterdam, New York: Springer. DeWall, C. , Pond, R. , Campbell, W. , & Twenge, J. M. (2011). S. song lyrics. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 5, 200–207. Doyle, C. E. (2003). Work and organizational psychology: An introduction with attitude. Hove: Psychology Press. Drucker, P. F. (1999). Management challenges for the 21st century. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann. , & Tennant Snyder, N. (2000). Mastering virtual teams: Strategies, tools, and techniques that succeed.
Organization development and change. Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning. Cherns, A. (1987). Principles of sociotechnical design revisited. Human Relations, 40, 153–161. Clegg, C. W. (2000). Sociotechnical principles for system design. Applied Ergonomics, 31, 463–477. , & Dormann, C. (2003). The DISC Model: Demand-induced strain compensation mechanisms in job stress. In M. F. Dollard, H. R. Winefield, & A. H. ), Occupational stress in the service professions (pp. 43–74). London: Taylor & Francis.
The principles of scientific management. htm. , & Schippers, M. C. (2007). Work group diversity. Annual Review of Psychology, 58, 515–541. van Ouwerkerk, R. , Meijman, T. , & Mulder, G. (1994). Arbeidspsychologische taakanalyse [Workpsychological task analysis]. Utrecht: Lemma. Vegetius (390 AD). De re militari. org/ home/war/vegetius (accessed June 23, 2013). Wanberg, C. R. (2012) The individual experience of unemployment. Annual Review of Psychology, 63, 369–396. Warr, P. B. (1987). Work, unemployment, and mental health.