By Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Chris Barker, , William Barker, Ehren Schwiebert
This ebook is meant if you have to get issues performed with Mac OS X Server 10.6. As such, you should use this ebook methods. these new to Mac OS X Server can learn instantly in the course of the complete ebook, and via the tip should still think useful to manage any Mac server thrown their manner. For people with a few wisdom of Mac OS X Server, or even a thorough wisdom of alternative Unix-based servers, the ebook is prepared by means of projects so you might both commence studying at any aspect, skipping fabric you recognize, or choose and select the chapters you’ll locate so much worthwhile in your personal paintings or approach wishes. This task-oriented technique additionally makes the booklet worthwhile as a normal reference for all elements of Mac OS X Server.
Throughout the e-book, distinctive emphasis is given to the recent gains of the newest free up, Mac OS X Server 10.6, a.k.a. Server Snow Leopard. for example, you’ll how to combine an iPhone with Mac OS X Server utilizing the hot cellular entry good points, or easy methods to set up an SSL certificates within the internet provider, Apache.
- Task-oriented method of server management makes it effortless to discover and achieve what must get performed
- Thorough topic insurance together with workflows for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server GUI-level beneficial properties, command-line positive aspects, and choices
- Features introductory fabric for brand new directors, emphasis on new gains for upgrading to Snow Leopard Server, and extra complicated fabric for skilled IT and firm directors who are looking to get the main out of Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
What you’ll learn
- The key positive aspects of Mac OS X Server, together with new prone similar to cellular entry for iPhone integration and handle booklet Server
- The most productive method of fit your operating type, together with GUI and command-line possible choices
- When to name on third-party items the place no Apple items can be found
- Integration innovations for various community and server configurations
- How to permit each one required carrier and all in their companies from begin to end
Who this e-book is for
This publication is for directors attracted to a whole direction on Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard, together with first-time Mac OS X Server admins, admins upgrading from older types, and skilled Unix or Mac admins who are looking to grasp all elements of Apple’s server software program.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to OS X Server
- Setting Up a Server in half-hour or much less
- Getting Deeper into dossier Sharing
- Managing listing providers
- Controlling community site visitors
- Centralizing community providers
- Configuring community providers for safeguard
- Managing shopper pcs with NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
- Configuring deal with booklet Server
- Working with iCal Server
- iChat Server
- Setting Up Mail companies
- Setting Up prone for cellular units
- Web Servers
- Managing MySQL utilizing Podcast manufacturer
- Streaming QuickTime Video
- Sharing documents
- Setting Up Printing companies
- Backing Up Your information
- Configuring software program replace Server
Read or Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration PDF
Best client-server systems books
With the luck of laptop viruses like Slammer, safeguard concerns at the moment are a best precedence for home windows approach directors, correct along daily projects reminiscent of constructing money owed and dealing with functionality. when you use home windows 2003 Server at a small to medium-sized association, or use Microsoft's Small company Server, this thorough but concise educational deals the hands-on recommendation you would like for securing your community.
When you are new to the realm of Microsoft Small company Server 2003, Microsoft Small enterprise Server 2003 Unleashed provides you with real-world aid adventure as you start or discover your upgraded server. Written and reviewed through Small company Server MVPs, this e-book offers worthwhile insurance of Mac platform integration, in addition to the combination of ISA 2004, SharePoint, FrontPage, alternate, and SQL Server.
Most sensible practices and leading edge daily suggestions for operating the recent model of trade Server for home windows 2000. This authoritative booklet teaches IT pros liable for alternate messaging structures find out how to successfully deal with the program's many and complicated method services and contours. as soon as you've got designed and carried out a messaging approach, the majority of the day by day paintings consists of tracking to make sure an optimal site visitors circulate, finished through continually reviewing and fine-tuning dozens of approach necessities and elements.
Microsoft structures administration Server (SMS) model 2. zero provides IT managers the richest attainable set of computer instruments and contours for remotely diagnosing and troubleshooting computer computers, fitting machine functions, and coping with software-all from a centralized place. SMS 2. zero is helping decrease your TCO through lowering the price of swap and configuration administration for Windows-based machine and server platforms.
- Algorithm = Logic + Control
- MCITP Guide to Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administration (Exam #70-647)
- Business Process Engineering: Reference Models for Industrial Enterprises
- Microsoft IIS 6 Delta Guide
- Reliable distributed systems : technologies, Web services, and applications
Additional resources for Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration
1 to your network interfaces in System Preferences. Figure 2–13. Server Admin showing DNS services running To see the specific DNS information that your server is using, select the DNS button and then the Zones tab; the view should be something similar to what you see in Figure 2– 14. lan domain. To do this, select the entry with the type of primary zone, and click Remove. Do the same for the reverse zone, and then click Save. 25 26 CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Figure 2–14.
The server is now an Open Directory master. CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Now that you have a working OD master, it is time to log into the system and start creating accounts. You can at this point use the Server Preferences tool or Workgroup Manager. Since once you start doing anything more advanced with the server, you will be doing so in the Workgroup Manager (and you can actually use Workgroup Manager from your desktop machine once you have installed it), let’s start there.
For the admin e-mail, you can put anything you want. By default it will add “ns” as an entry in the Nameservers field, although in some cases the server name you had used from the setup will show up. Click Save. You will now see the zone listed in the top part of the view. Select that zone, and then from the Add Record button select Machine, and enter the server name (server-001) without a period at the end. For the IP address, click the + sign, and add the IP address of the server. arpa. and the type reverse zone.